I think I'll try to beat Mr Gutmann to the punch, and post my favorite resources for G-Code.
There's wikipedia of course, the NIST website also has one, it is in reference to their interpreter, but I see no reason why we can't use it as a resource. Cncezpro.com seems to be the reference Mr. Gutmann prefers, and he also pointed out this one. I personally prefer the one by the NIST because it seems to give a deeper view into the inner workings of a proper gcode interpreter. It mentions the use of variables and mathematics.
the line
g0 x[#1550 + 3.6] y1.6
would be interpreted as Rapid move to (<value at register 1550> + 3.6, 1.6)
this probably isn't neccasary for drawing the roadrunner, but if we want to replicate a industrial control as much as possible, i think this is information worthwhile knowing, or at least considering.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment